One of the largest online hotel reservation sites - Expedia - called Marrol's Boutique Hotel in Bratislava the world's best hotel.
On June 27, 2012 the company published its own hotel rating "Insiders' Select", compiled on the base of 500,000 estimation reviews of the resource users. This Slovak hotel received the largest number of points. It is followed by Al Codega hotel in Venice and Hotel Royal Corin at the Fortuna resort on Costa Rica.
Marrol's Boutique Hotel is located in the heart of the historical part of Bratislava. It has 51 rooms and 3 designer suites. The hotel offers traditional Slovak and Italian cuisine. Marrol's Boutique Hotel is a member of the association of Small Luxury hotels of the World.
As for the Expedia rating, it evaluated in total 650 hotels around the world, which received high ratings from the site’s users.
The top ten hotels, according to Expedia:
1. Marrol's Boutique Hotel - Bratislava (Slovakia)
2. Hotel Al Codega - Venice (Italy)
3. Hotel Royal Corin - Fortuna (Costa Rica)
4. Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen - Aberdeen (Scotland)
5. Four Seasons Miami - Miami (USA)
6. Madison Hotel Hamburg - Hamburg (Germany)
7. Element Omaha Midtown Crossing - Omaha (USA)
8. Sonnenalp Resort of Vail - Vail (USA)
9. Taj Lands End - Mumbai (India)
10. Mr. C Beverly Hills - Los Angeles (USA)
Like any other rating, Expedia’s rating of the top 10 hotels in the world can’t be considered fully objective. To a large extent it expresses views of only one group - the Americans, which is evidenced by 4 US hotels in the top list. Nevertheless, the first place is always the first place, and we can congratulate Marrol's Boutique Hotel.